Namecheap Most people know of Namecheap as a domain registration and management service, but they also offer web hosting services. Founded in 2000, Namecheap began by offering value-priced domains and excellent customer service. Today, they have over 3 million clients and manage over 11 million domains.
In addition to domains and full web hosting packages, Namecheap sells SSL certificates, privacy protection services, and more. Because Namecheap thinks that an Internet presence for all is a necessity, they provide affordable access to everything you need to run a website.
Namecheap hosting plans offer fast, reliable service with a 100% uptime guarantee. If you need to build a new site, you can easily do so using one of Namecheap’s many site-building apps. If you have an existing website, Namecheap will move it for you for free.
In addition to a solid knowledge base, you can consult if you need help, Namecheap offers 24/7 chat support. You can also submit tickets for review.
All plans also include these benefits: Unmetered bandwidth. Free website builder. The domain name and privacy protection. With discounts up to 100% in the first year, your chosen domain name will renew at a standard rate.
Server Response Time
Namecheap performs impressively in the Speed Test, with an average result of 3.04 seconds. It’s best result was 2.00 s but it has been as bad as 72.71 s.
In the case of Namecheap, they offer unmetered bandwidth for their shared hosting plans, which means that there is no limit. However, since it is shared hosting, it can be a bit conflictive for the other users. VPS and dedicated hosting plans have quite large bandwidths.
1. Use of best hardware and software firewalls and a highly technical in-house security system.
2. “Leech Protect” allows you to set the maximum number of logins that can occur in a 2-hour period. Protects your site from brute force attacks.
3. Namecheap regularly creates its own backups of your site, which you can request a copy of if necessary.
4. “CodeGuard” — this add-on service provides monitoring, backup, and restoration services.
5. Virus scanners are included
6. Hotlink protection is provided
7. Namecheap constantly tests their defensive measures and tweaks where necessary.
8. SSL certificates are available to ensure the security of your sites. SSL certificates help protect your sensitive data (including credit card information) from being stolen.
9. DNSSEC is provided via Namecheap PremiumDNS service.
1. Strong uptime – 99.98%
2. Reasonable Speed
3. Sloppy Support
4. Excellent Starting Plan
5. Free Migrations
6. Fair Pricing Policy
7. Free Backups
8. Amazing Domain Registration Options
9. Excellent User Area
10. Excellent Status Page
11. Bitcoin Payments
Free email accounts with all hosting plans — 30 email accounts for Stellar, unlimited email acounts for Stellar Plus and Stellar Business.
They have inexpensive plans where Liquid Web will take care of email spam, setup, maintenance, and more.
The data centers are located in the USA and the United Kingdom. Their hosting servers, VPS carriers, and Dedicated servers are located in the PhoenixNAP datacenter (Phoenix, Arizona, USA).
If something were to go wrong with your hosting package then there are a number of ways that you can contact the Namecheap support team and/or get help. These are as follows:
1. 24/7/365 Live chat
3. Comprehensive knowledge base
4. Forum where you can find your own answers
5. No form of phone support is available.
Control Panel and User Interface
cPanel is used. This is the most commonly used control panel in the world and it makes life easier for users.
|SUPPORT||24/7 Live Chat, and Email|
|SITE TRANSFER||Free Site Migration|
|MONEY BACK POLICY||30 Days Money Back Guarantee|
Hosting Prices and Plans
The Pros and Cons of Namecheap
- Wide range of inexpensive plans
- Offers 2-factor authentication
- Offers WordPress plans
- Support is of good quality.
- No phone support
- No Cloudflare on shared plans
- No free SSL certificates on shared plans