DremHost was originally founded in 1997 as the New Dream Network while its founders were still undergraduates at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, California. Here’s a picture of Josh, Sage, Michael and Dallas on graduation day.
Since then, the company name has changed to DreamHost and currently hosts over a million websites from all over the world.
DreamHost currently offers a variety of services to host your website, including:
• Website hosting
• WordPress dedicated hosting
• Email hosting
• Domain registration
• Cloud services
DreamHost offers unlimited disk storage and bandwidth on certain hosting plans.
Server Response Time
The one DreamHost con is that hosting can be slow. Some larger sites take 1+ second just to get a server response, with 4-5+ second load times. Utterly poor for the 1 or 2 sites that use a bloated theme/design. But for sites built with lean themes or templates, and with caching turned on and configured, I can get a load time of 1.5 seconds. Not bad for overloaded shared hosting.
They Provide several security features
1. Malware Remover
2. Free Domain Privacy
4. Let’s Encrypt
1. Free Domain included
2. Unlimited Traffic
3. Unmetered Bandwidth
4. Fast SSD Storage
5. WordPress Pre-installed
6. Free SSL Certificate
7. Add Email as low as $1.67/mo
8. 24/7 Support
9. WP Website Builder
10. Free Automated WordPress Migrations
The Mail Menu is where you can manage various functions of your mail services with DreamHost, including:
1. Creating/Editing/Deleting email addresses
2. Configuring your Webmail service
3. Creating/Editing MX records
4. Creating/Editing Announcement Lists
5. Creating/Editing Discussion Lists
6. Managing spam filters
7. Creating/Editing autoresponders
DreamHost cloud services are currently located in the United States, but accessible from anywhere globally. DreamCompute is located in our Ashburn, Virginia data center, and DreamObjects is located in our Irvine, California data center.
They are award-winning in-house support staff is available to you all day, every day, via live chat, email, and social media.
Control Panel and User Interface
cPanel is not available at DreamHost. Instead, DreamHost uses a custom-built panel to manage your websites, databases, email, and billing.
In addition, the DreamHost panel runs on separate servers and doesn’t take up any resources on your web server
Money back guarantee
DreamHost offers a full refund on Shared hosting fees if your plan is canceled within the first 97 days of opening the account. This applies to monthly and annual plans.
Yearly plans are refunded the current subscription cost if within 30 days of the annual subscription renewal.
|SUPPORT||24/7 Live Chat, Email and Social Media|
|SITE TRANSFER||No Free Site Migration|
|MONEY BACK POLICY||97-day money back guarantee|
Hosting Prices and Plans
The Pros and Cons of DreamHost
- Good server performance with zero downtime
- SSDs now included on shared & VPS hosting plans
- A managed web hosting plan for WordPress sites
- 97 day money back guarantee which is amazing
- Affordable, entry-level cloud computing & VPS plans
- Offers a free domain name “for life” with the company
- In general, most plans are priced fairly high
- No customer support available via phone
- Live chat support only during US business hours
- DreamHost is not BBB accredited