JustHost is a small, Portsmouth, UK-based web hosting company focused primarily on shared hosting packages. Founded in 2008, JustHost has since been acquired by Endurance International Group, the parent company behind well-known internet brands like Bluehost and HostGator.
Currently, JustHost offers three types of web hosting plans: shared, VPS (virtual private server), and dedicated.
JustHost offers comprehensive shared hosting that’s a good option if you’re on a tight budget.
Currently, JustHost offers three different shared plans from which you can choose:
- The entry-level plan gets you hosting for one website, 50 GB of storage, unmetered bandwidth, a domain name, and five email accounts (each with 100 MB of storage).
- The mid-range plan gets you hosting for up to ten websites, 150 GB of storage, unmetered bandwidth, a domain name, 100 email accounts (each with 500 MB of storage), special marketing offers, and spam prevention tools.
- The top-tier plan includes support for an unlimited number of websites, unlimited storage, unmetered bandwidth, a domain name, an unlimited number of email accounts (all with unlimited storage), more valuable marketing offers, spam prevention tools, domain privacy protection, and automatic website backups.
VPS hosting plans are the natural next step for someone who has outgrown the resources offered by a shared plan, or someone who is expecting a significant increase in website traffic.
In the latter case, opting for a VPS plan immediately (instead of choosing a shared plan and then upgrading later) means one less migration and lessens the possibility of downtime for the website.
JustHost offers four different VPS options from which you can choose. When deciding which option is best for your needs, look at:
- The number of CPU cores
- Allocation of RAM and storage
- Data transfer limits.
Regardless of which option you choose, you’ll get a free domain name, two dedicated IP addresses (unless you opt for the entry-level plan, which comes with just one dedicated IP address), and a Linux-based environment (specifically, CentOS 6.5).
JustHost’s VPS options are cloud-based solutions that come with an enhanced cPanel (a popular brand of control panel) for GUI-based website management.
You’ll get full root access, guaranteed server resources, instant provisioning, and the ability to manage multiple accounts in one location.
JustHost’s top-tier offering is its cloud-based dedicated server hosting. These options are fully managed by JustHost and can be provisioned instantly.
When opting for a dedicated server, there are three options from which you can choose. When deciding which server is best for your highly-trafficked, resource-intensive website, look at:
- The CPU powering your server
- The amount of space dedicated to your cache
- RAM and storage allocation
- Data transfer/bandwidth maximums
- Number of dedicated IP addresses.
Regardless of which option you choose, you’ll get a free domain name. Your server environment, by default, will be running CentOS 6.5. If you need to upgrade your storage, you can do so by purchasing increments of 500 GB, 1 TB, or 2 TB.
All your data is automatically protected by RAID, and you get full management of your server with root access privileges.
Rather than relying on the command line for managing your website and web server, you’ll get access to and use of an enhanced cPanel, which many hosts typically include only with shared hosting packages.
Pros and Cons
- Solid Uptime of 99.96%
- Reliable Customer Support
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee and Add-Ons
- Free Script Library
- Slow Page Loading Times
- Cheapest Price Only With 3 Year, Upfront Payment
- Weekly Backups Aren’t Guaranteed
- The Quantity of Upsell(s) Was Too High